The “R.I.S.E. U.P” Method Makes You a Morning Person . . . If You Can Remember What It Stands For
If you’re not a morning person, a sleep expert has come up with a six-step process called the “R.I.S.E. U.P” method that can help you wake up in the morning. It’s an acronym where each letter stands for a different step.
- The “R” means Refrain from hitting the snooze button.
- The “I” stands for Increase your activity in the first hour. Meaning exercise right after you wake up, or just do something small like a quick walk.
- The “S” stands for Shower.
- The “E” stands for Expose yourself to sunlight.
- The “U” is so you listen to “Upbeat” music.
- The “P” stands for Phone a friend . . . because talking to someone forces you to be more alert. But who wants to talk in the morning?